Registration for the Museum Academy training organized by the Sybir Memorial Museum is underway.
The Academy of the Museum is a series of trainings that allows to tour groups through the Museum’s Permanent Exhibition. If you are a representative of a travel agency, tour leader or tourist guide – this news is for you!
The training is mainly divided into two parts: theoretical and practical.
The theoretical part is a series of lectures that will substantially prepare you for guided tours. During this part of the training, participants will learn about the historical themes raised in the permanent exhibition.
The theoretical part ends with a written exam. Participation in the practical part depends on the results of the exam.
The practical part involves seeing the exhibition personally. During this part of the training, the participant will have the opportunity to learn about the narrative of the exhibition, its spatial organization and exhibits. The practical part of the training will also present issues related to visiting time, access points, the functjoning of an information point, a cloakroom or a restaurant.
The practical part ends with an exam consisting in guiding individual groups of people.
Persons who pass the practical exam will receive a certificate of the Sybir Memorial Museum guide, which entitles them to independently guide groups at the permanent exhibition.
Detailed information on the conditions of participation, training costs and answers to questions can be obtained at:
and by calling 795 650 860.
Applications should be sent by June 2, 2021 to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
Number of people: 30
Training cost: PLN 450.00
- The lectures will be conducted in a hybrid form: participants can take part in stationary (at the Sybir Memorial Museum at Węglowa Street 1 in Bialystok) and online via the GoogleMeet platform.
- People participating in the training are asked to keep their distance, wear masks and disinfect their hands.
- Each participant of the Museum Academy will receive a package, which includes, among others, materials necessary to prepare for exams. Packages can be picked up in person at the museum from 8.00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. or during the training. Academy participants will also receive a discount on the purchase of the Sybir Memorial Museum publication in our store https://sklep-sybir.pl/.
- Persons needing an invoice are asked to report to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- An attendance list will be kept during the Academy.