Peloton of Memory for 17th September
The 78. anniversary of Soviet invasion of Poland was commemorated on 17th September in an extraordinary way. The Sybir Memorial Museum organised a bicycle Peloton of Memory. The planned bike route led through places, which are linked with historical events from the beginning of Soviet occupation of Bia┼éystok. The attenders will visit such checkpoints as: Branicki Palace, Ko┼Ťciuszko Square, building no. 43 at Poleska Street, Bia┼éystok Fabryczny train station and Marshal Pi┼ésudski Square.
At each checkpoint the attenders participated in different experiences: films, radio plays and historical re-enactment. The peloton started at 6:00 PM on 17th September 2017.
- Start: courtyard of Branicki Palace ÔÇô entering of German forces
- Ko┼Ťciuszko Square ÔÇô exchange of the occupation forces
- Building no. 43 at Poleska Street ÔÇô Family Klein arrested
- Bia┼éystok Fabryczny train station ÔÇô commemoration of the deported, lighting candles. Please, bring Your candles with You.
- Finish: Drama Theatre of Aleksander W─Ögierko in Bia┼éystok ÔÇô mapping on the fa├žade of the theatre building, distribution of free t-shirts.
Thank You for commemorating the International Siberian Deportee Day together!
Partners: Bia┼éystok Military Museum, Medical University in Bia┼éystok, Podlaskie Museum in Bia┼éystok, Drama Theatre of Aleksander W─Ögierko, Rowerowy Bia┼éystok Association, Grupa Wsch├│d Association, Polish Radio Bia┼éystok, School of vocal and acting in Bia┼éystok, Wschodz─ůcy Bia┼éystok.