Devotion for the Friends and Donors of the Sybir Memorial Museum.
On the Sunday preceding the anniversary of the deportation of April 1940, at the Holy Spirit church in Bialystok, the holy liturgy was held for the Friends and Donors of the Sybir Memorial Museum.
The annual Holy Mass is an expression of gratitude from the employees of the Sybir Memorial Museum for the constant support of all Donators and Friends presented to this crucial for the entire community initiative, which is the construction of the Museum at the former military warehouses at Węglowa Street.
- Every, even the smallest object, or history is extremely important for the building of the Sybir Memorial Museum. The relations of the history witnesses and their memorabilia from exile will constitute the main core of this institution’s permanent exhibition. It is created thanks to the support of a large group of friends of the Sybir Memorial Museum from around the world - emphasized prof. Wojciech Śleszyński, director of the Sybir Memorial Museum.
During the Mass, Anna Kietlińska, Head of the Education and Promotion Department, sang the psalm, and the representatives of the Collection Acquisition and Development Department, Katarzyna Śliwowska and Anna Bielawska-Puchalska read the first and second readings. The prayer of the faithful was read out by Jolanta Hryniewicka, secretary of the Sybiraks' Association, branch in Bialystok. After the devotion, prof. Wojciech Śleszyński, thanked for the support and gave the Museum's friends statuettes.